Saturday, May 10, 2014

SEQUENTIAL MOVEMENT: It's Bananas Time

In this project I drew images on an 18x24 in Bristol paper, took a photo in every step of the drawing with my camera, and erased a certain part and re-drew again and then put all the parts together in Adobe Premier. This procedure was repeated for several drawings and a couple of hours. It is my first animated clip where the focus was on the movement and specifically arranging the movement at a great speed. This short animation is about a monkey climbing a ladder and I have shown it coming down the ladder from the other side where the bananas are waiting, thus my video is titled "It's Bananas Time."

 The whole process highlighted on the drawing and the repetition of the sequential movement. A great example of this is the work by William Kentridge who is essentially keeps erasing and redrawing a portion of the movement o the same paper, photographing it each time. If I could make changes I would like to experiment more with this method of erasing and redrawing and thereby adding layers, changing speed and focusing on certain parts, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed and learnt a new medium through this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment